News – Blog

We’re Back!

After many months of Cancelled Racedays (Du to the rain) we are finally back in race mode at the Barmah Radio controlled Car Club. The Rain has stopped long enough now that the earth has dried out and we were able to spray the weeds and cut the grass. Only a couple of little sink holes to fill and a few other bits and pieces and we will be all systems go for Racing this Sunday the 6th of November – 2016. Nominations will be from 0930. So get ya cars ready and let’s go racing!!!

buggy020b barmah-november-6-2016 2016-10-31-14_15_17-greenshot


Blame it on the rain!

Yes that’s right another story about rain. The rain just will not stop.

It has been six months since we have had a race at the Barmah radio controlled car club. This is because relentless rain has saturated the earth and now even small amounts of rain can cause minor flooding.

The outlook for the remainder of 2016 is not good either.

According to the bureau of meteorology, the Indian Ocean off the North West Australian coastline is quite warm and also the Pacific Ocean of the north-eastern coastline of Australia has sea surface temperatures above average. Currently the climate data sets that try to forecast a La Nina or El Niño event suggest that we are currently, slightly on the La Nina side of neutral. This should mean that we will see average to slightly above average rainfall in south eastern Australia for the remainder of 2016.

Now, even though we have this bleak outlook do not despair. All those associated with the management of the Barmah radio controlled car club are a committed to resuming race activities as soon as practical.

In the meantime, keep an eye out for working bee days. If we can keep the track in as good as a condition as possible, we can simply resume racing as soon as it is dry enough.

So, do not sell your equipment and car. WE WILL RACE AGAIN SOON!

Living in Australia, there is every chance that when these rain events pass, we will go into a drought again. If that is the case, then we will be able to race all the time (unless it is too hot).

Here are some good links for forecasting both short term and long term weather.

7 Day Forecast

0-7 days Total Rain Victoria

8-14 days Total Rain Victoria

28 Day Forecast for Northern Country Victoria Forecast District

12 Month Outlook – Northern Country Victoria Forecast District

Rain Rain – Go Away!


At the time of writing this post (August 24 – 2016) it has been 4.5 months since we have had a race at the Barmah track. its just been far too wet.

The Barmah track is particularly susceptible to becoming saturated and therefore unusable when the weather is too wet. This is exactly what we have seen occur over the last four or so months, Due to a La Nina effect delivering above average rainfall to the North country Victoria forecast District, we have been unable to race. The Barmah track is a hard packed clay soil track, with a light dust surface when dry. Given its clay surface, it is not highly absorbent of water, but rather water tends to sit on top. Over long periods of rain, lasting several weeks or more, even the smallest amount of rain is enough to completely wet the surface when the subsoil is completely saturated.While there is some rain still yet to come. It does, in

The Barmah track is a hard packed clay soil track, with a light dust surface when dry. Given its clay surface, it is not highly absorbent of water, but rather water tends to sit on top, especially when the subsoil becomes saturated from rain loasting several weeks or more. While there is some rain still yet to come. It does, in

While there is some rain still yet to come. It does, in fact appear that we have seen the worst of it for winter. With spring just around the corner, there appears to be a slight lull in the frequency of heavy rain (according to the 28-day rainfall forecast).


So given the current forecast for the first week of September, there is approximately a 75% chance that we will be holding our first race in five months on September 4th -2016. It all depends how much rain falls in the week leading up to the race weekend of Sunday, 4 September 2016.

Of course, we will keep you posted on our facebook page or weather updates and race notifications.

Perhaps considering making an offering to Indra, the Hindu God of Rain & Thunder. LOL. only kidding

Racing Cancelled Due to weather June 5th – 2016

Due to the likelihood of too much rain this weekend racing has been cancelled for Barmahs’ June 5th – 2016 Monthly Club meet and continuation of the Dash for Cash Final. The Next Race Opportunity will be July 3rd – 2016

barmah 5th of June 2016 CANCELLED

Announcement May 9th 2015 re: Shep rc car club

Announcement: There will be a short working Bee at Shepparton RC Car Club track on Sunday the 17th of May 2015 from 0930, Followed afterwards by some open practice. Racing at Shepparton will take place the following Sunday (24th of May 2015). Race events at the Shepparton track will be held on the Fourth Sunday of the Month. We hope to see as many people as possible at both the working Bee/Practice and the Race on the following weekend.

Sunday 17th of May: Working Bee Morning + Practice Afternoon
Sunday 24th of May: Monthly Open Club meet

Please come and show support for your local club tracks
smile emoticon
See you there!

Track Closure – ’till Dash for cash – Maintenance and Molasses

***OLD INFO***
26 Feb 2015
This coming week end is the Inaugural BRCCC Dash For Cash. Since the track has been closed for approx the last 3 weeks for Maintenance & Repair work it seemed a fitting time to remond folks that the track will be open for practice all day Friday the 27th of February in preparation for Saturday & Sundays events.

***OLD INFO***

Just a friendly “Heads up” to all concerned.

The Barmah Track will be closed for use from Thursday Feb 5 to Thursday Feb 26 (Inclusive) and will re-open for practice on Friday the 27th of Feb – 2015.

Maintenance, repairs & The Application of Molasses (YAY!) Will Occur.

In order to keep the track fresh and in good nick we ask that it not be used after the evening of Wed Feb 4 until Friday morning Feb 27. We will be sure to let everyone know if that changes as well as keep everyone posted on track maintenance progress. Happy Racing all!